Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome

Hi, Mom.

As you're the only person I know for sure will check this blog, I figured I'd begin with a shout-out to my fan.

In case anyone else has stumbled across this page, welcome. I'm not sure what my goal with this journal is yet, but at the least I hope to use it to keep you up to date on where I am physically. As to whether I'll also keep you up to date on where I am mentally, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, digestively, et cetera, I haven't decided yet.

But in the meantime, some background. As you probably know if you're reading this, I recently decided to take some time off from working in DC to see the world before entering law school and heavy indebtedness this fall. The first leg of my trip, comprising most of the months of February and March, takes me through Asia. I'll be starting in South Asia -- India and Nepal -- before heading to Southeast Asia. I won't spoil the details for you.

All in all, the next eight weeks should be an adventure. I've been abroad many times before, but have never really spent more than a day in the third world. I've also never lived out of a backpack for more than a weekend. And I can't really think of ever traveling anywhere that required me to get vaccinated just to step off the plane.

We're D-2 for liftoff, and I have some packing left to do. Until later,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment